46th Engineer Battalion History

46th ENGINEER BATTALION DECORATIONS

Presidential Unit Citation (Army), Streamer embroidered PAUPA
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered LEYTE
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered PHILIPPINE ISLANDS
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1966-1967
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1967
Meritorious Unit Commendation (Army), embroidered SOUTHWEST ASIA
Philippine Presidential Unit Citation, Streamer embroidered 17 OCTOBER 1944 TO 4 JULY 1945
Republic of Vietnam Civil Action Honor Medal, First Class, Streamer embroidered VIETNAM 1967-1970

UNIT LINEAGE AND HONORS:

Constituted 7 December 1917 in the National Army as the 46th Engineers. Organized March-April 1918 at Camp Sheridan, Alabama. Converted and redesignated 18 September 1918 as the 46th Regiment, Transportation Corps. Regiment broken up 12 November 1918 and its elements reorganized and designated as follows:

Regimental Headquarters and Headquarters Company disbanded Companies A, B, and C redesignated 12 December 1918 as the 29th, 30th, and 31st companies, Transportation Corps, respectively.

29th Company, Transportation Corps, demobilized 13 July 1919 at Camp Devens, Massachusetts, 30th and 31st Companies, Transportation Corps, demobilized 2 July and 11 July 1919, respectively, at Camp Gordon, Georgia .

Regiment reconstituted 1 October 1933 in the Regular Army as the 46th Engineers. Activated 14 July 1941 at Camp Bowie, Texas.

Redesignated 18 March 1943 as the 46th Engineer General Service Regiment.

Reorganized and resdesignated 22 April 1944 as the 46th Engineer Construction Battalion.

Reorganized and redesignated 15 June 1947 as Headquarter and Headquarters and Service Company, 46th Engineer Construction Battalion (organic elements concurrently absorbed)

Inactivated 15 March 1950 in Japan

Redesignated 22 September 1950 as the 46th Engineer Construction Battalion and activated at Fort Sill, Oklahoma (organic elements concurrently reconstituted and activated)

Reorganized and redesignated 23 November 1953 as the 46th Engineer Battalion.

Transformed from legacy to modular battalion on February 16, 2010.


Last Updated: 07/28/2017