Physical Security Division
Chief Physical Security: (337)531-4913
The Physical Security Division of DES supports the installation in the following areas:
• Compliance inspections • Courtesy Inspections • Vulnerability Assessments • Alarm Monitoring and Trouble Shooting
• Closed Circuit TV and Cameras • DoD Lock Program • Staff Assistance Visits
• Deployments / Re-deployment Support • Rapid Gate Program
Security Guards & Force Protection
Force Protection is a branch of the Physical Security Division.
They support the DES in perimeter security and access control in the following areas;
Access control at Fort Polk is facilitated through The Physical Security Division of DES. It is performed by the followings programs and procedures:
* Visitors may enter the installation using a scan able State/Federal issued Drivers license or ID Card.
• Vehicle Registration
* Personnel operating a motor vehicle on the installation require the following:
Valid Registration, Proof of Insurance, and a Valid Drivers License
• Rapid Gate (1 Year Commercial Truck Registration)
* Commercial truck drivers can enroll in Rapids Gate at the Vehicle Registration Office located in Bldg 1830 on Fort Polk.
*Commercial truck drivers over one ton NOT UTILIZING the Rapid Gate Program must enter through gates 4(LA 10 and Louisiana Ave) or 7 (LA 469 from Hwy 28)
All personnel that reside on Fort Polk are required under Army Regulation 190-11 and Fort Polk Regulation 190-3 to register their privately owned weapons on the installation within 3 days of arrival on post.
Personnel that reside off post that intend to transport weapons on the installation will also register them
All personnel residing in the barracks will register and store privately owned weapons in their unit arms rooms
The Physical Security Division supports all commercial and DoD alarms systems installed on Fort Polk.
We can assist you with technical support, repairs, testing and maintenance problems with your alarm system.
Alarm PIN Numbers are issued between 0800 – 0900 daily. (Please ensure you bring an updated unaccompanied access roster and your completed background screening)